Thursday, February 8, 2007

Olive, Pipa, Amanda and Scarlet

Last week the J Crew catalog came and I saw this and got enamored with the brooch on the clutch. It reminded me a little of prize winning pins.



So you know, I had to pull out the ribbons, jewels and buttons and make some of my own.
The olive green one is decorated with an old rhinestone earring. The screw on kind for those who don't have pierced ears. I think the pain of ear piercing is nothing when compared to wearing the screwed on kind. Anyway, that one and the pink velvet one with the pearl and clear button remind me a little of Kate Spade. (Oh, and so does the pink/green ribbon combo one with the gold button). I am going to call them Olive and Pipa for the pink one.
Yes, I'm naming them.
The other 2, I combined 2 color ribbons. The pink and green one reminds me of the country club. I am going to call that one Amanda.
I think the black and scarlet ribbon with the scarlet button is my favorite at the moment. Oh, I have to call that one Scarlet.
I still need to put pin backs on them. I think they will look charming on your clutch, on your lapel or coat.
Don't you?

No comments: