Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mini Swap Meme


vintage apron
Originally uploaded by nancy cook.
Matty and I are involved in an apron swap and we are being asked the following questions.

1. What is your first food memory? licking peanut butter off of fisher price people toys
2. What was your favorite dish/food as a child? grape leaves
3. Name one of your mini's favorite foods: strawberries
4. What was your mini's first solid food? Did they love it or hate it? sweet potato- he loved it
5. What was something you were excited to make for your mini for the first time? hummus
6. What is your favorite food memory? eating fondue for the first time with my aunt in nyc
7. Your mini's birthday party : All out theme with perfect kid food ala Martha? or Quiet family home party with scrumptious cupcakes? Something in-between? I am more of the all out party host. I made it a woodland theme for my son's 1st birthday party and made needle felted acorns, had woodland animal figurines, leaves cut from felt and fabric etc. I also made a birthday box from an old cigar box which I glued fabric to (and the main purpose of this is just to house the cards). The food was the perfect mix of child and adult friendly- wonderful foccacia's and an amazing cake plus a special cupckcake just for my son
8. Name one thing you absolutely love to make and eat when you are feeling like a kid again: taco's
9. Name something you ate as a kid that you now look back on and wonder "what were my childhood taste buds thinking??" : i would have to say any meat as i'm now a vegetarian
10. Name 3 things your mini loves (doesn't have to be food related): playing the harmonica & guitar, books, balloons

No comments: