Friday, February 9, 2007

Free yarn from Anna, WIP and ribbon embroidery

Anna came to visit yesterday and she gave me these:




I am going to do some swatches soon and see what I think. The blue and darker olive are sort of like ribbon and the burnt orange and light green are a blend. If I like them, she has 9 more balls of each so I can make something big. Or, a bunch of little things. Hmm. Something big might be good for me. I'm thinking a top would be nice with the ribbon-like yarn if it's lacy over a tank.

I started this last night:



I am hoping for it to be a shrug or capelet which I plan to add felt bits and bobs too. I'm excited about the idea. We will see how it works out.

And, MSL arrived yesterday. Did you see the ribbon embroidery?

I especially liked the fruits and flowers..

Flowers




Something else for me to try someday. Add it to the never-ending list.
Happy Weekends everyone.

No comments: