Monday, February 26, 2007

millinery brooches




I'm so excited to show these beautiful brooches I made yesterday. They are made with vintage buttons (the base) and vintage millinery items, birds and ribbon. They are wrapped with gold thread from Germany and a little glueing for extra security.
A lot of the items used to make these came from one of my all time favorite stores that I discovered last year called Parcel in Montclair, NJ. We went there on Saturday afternoon after Matty's friend Kasper's b-day party got cancelled (boo hoo) but will hopefully be rescheduled soon.







I also picked up these old game piece letters to spell out my obsession with crafting.



On Friday night we watched, The Science of Sleep which is fascinating. I want to watch it again and again. I highly recommend it (and the character Stephanie is a very interesting crafter). I love her little forest boat.

I'm still recovering from actually going out on Saturday night and staying up way past my bedtime. I went to Maxwell's to see The Lemonheads with my friend Kristen. Evan Dando was great and still looks the same (or at least the same hair). I forgot my glasses at home so the fine details were out.

And, yesterday, we had a great play date. Owen is 12 days younger then little M and it was their first time meeting and it went so good...they hugged and played nicely. I was so impressed. The closeness in age makes so much difference at this stage in their lives. We want to hang with Owen more- such a cool little guy.

1 comment:

Amelia Plum said...

Very cute brooches you made. You're so lucky having Maxwell's right inyour neighborhood. I used to love going to see shows their because it's nice and intimate. I just downloaded a couple Lemonheads songs a few weeks ago. The man is so damn catchy how can anyone not like his music?!