Friday, November 2, 2007

Props, Visual Displays & Tiny Worlds

Down to Earth's:



After viewing this section of a window at a store in town called Down to Earth, I decided to create my own installation piece based on my love of craft. I've actually been wanting to do this for a while.
I adore a good store window and setting up my own props and handmade items and creating little worlds.

Mine:





I also love making little scenes in shadow boxes which I've done a few of.
One day I'll get around to photographing them and showing you.

A few summers back, I worked as an assistant prop stylist but, it was more calling and running around the city a lot...buying clothes or beautiful produce, calling costume shops for random items etc. It was fun but, not as visual as I would have liked.

I would love to be able to design a window for Anthropologie one day or even get the opportunity to work on one of their photography shoots. They are so nicely done.

Well, this was a lot of fun for me to do. Hope you enjoy it.

Have a lovely Autumn weekend and
Happy Day of the Dead. A sugar skull sounds yummy, no?
xx

1 comment:

mushroommeadows said...

Very nice display! :) There's a lady in my neighborhood who actual has a display window in front of her house. She dresses it up frequently! It's really quite nice. :)