Monday, October 6, 2008

teapot cozy


I knit up a new teapot cozy the past few days. It is Autumn and I'm starting to want to make things cozy around the house. Along with everyone else I am drooling over the new Toast catalog especially those bed linens.

I made up this pattern as I went along so I was happy to see that it worked and fit the teapot I had in mind. If anyone is interested I would be happy to measure mine and explain what I did.

Yesterday, I also finished knitting my neck warmer button up in the herringbone stitch. You can see it here.

I have been accumulating piles of new items to bring to Mackey Blue. Here are some of the items. Unfortunately, a lot of my new ideas have not been working out so far. A lot of knitting and un-knitting hats and wrist warmers. Sometimes there can be some trial and error when creating new patterns.

How was your weekend? We hosted a dinner party on Saturday and yesterday I got to meet some very nice fellow NJ Etsy girls and we all shopped from each other. I sold quite a bit so, that is always nice.

I am having the worst luck in finding the right shade to complete my sweater I previously showed you. It is making me crazy. The yarn I ordered is too dark and I've looked on Etsy, Ebay and posted to Ravelry as well as checking with a few stores in my area. It's Sheep Shop 2 F107 Eggplant. Maybe a fellow blogger reading has it? I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that the latest batch the stores are waiting for will match. Please don't make this fatal mistake. Always buy enough yarn for your project. Enough said.

No comments: