Tuesday, October 7, 2008

another cute dress the baby can't wear yet


Another cute dress the baby can't wear yet. It's actually a size 3. I made this a month or so ago.
Yes, her closet is becoming a lot more fascinating then mine these days.

I've got to get my act together and photograph all the crocheted items my Grandma made for me that Scarlet now wears.
It is the only thing that is holding me back from knitting for her non-stop. Most of the items are typical baby colors- red, pink, yellow, cream but there are some other colors and some cute skirts that are waiting for her to grow into. A lot of the crochet sweaters look a bit similar to Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Sweater which I would love to knit. Along with the leggings/tights in that book. I'm actually quite fascinated with knitting tights and skirts at the moment but, have yet to act on this.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about the dress. I adored this fabric from Reprodepot and knew it was meant to be a toddler dress. This dress has a twin out in blog land I saw some time ago and of course I can't remember who made it but, it obviously stuck with me. I had the pattern and just lengthened it to the length that hopefully Ms. S will be in a few years.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

It's adorable and classic enough to be something she'll wear soon enough. Those babies just seem to grown overnight! Ü

kristi said...

the fabric is precious!

the fabled needle (jen) said...

very sweet, love the color and simple style.