Monday, August 1, 2011

Cape Cod Part 1


Some photos of the vacation home we stayed at for a week.

So you may have guessed that the house the children are playing in front of from a few posts back was the house we stayed in. I blogged a few times from there and it was the first time I've done it away from home. I used blogsy. A few quirks with the photos getting cut off but otherwise it worked out okay.

The white house is what the children called our vacation rental ( so grand! ) and the house is situated in Orleans. We were a little more then 3/4 of a mile from the bay. I know this because it was my jogging route that I did almost every day. I would run to the bay and back. I don't run outside normally so I didn't go quite as far as I do on the treadmill in the air conditioned gym. Though different from what I am used to it was nice to run along a pretty street and one day I was joined by a tiny yellow bird flying alongside me.

The bay is where we hung out a lot because it is such a great beach for kids and warmer then the ocean. When the tide moves out there is a huge stretch of wet sand and pools of water to play in and you can walk a long way out before getting to the water. In these pools of water are fish and crabs for the kids to catch (and let go) in their nets and Matty even caught a eel one day. The wet sand makes a perfect place to build castles and moats and molded sea animals.

The home was a old home (not sure what year it was built) and it had an addition. We had plenty of room to stretch out and a great outdoor space to play around in.

2 comments:

Jenniffer said...

Magical looking house! Sounds like such a relaxing time~ :)

Amelia Plum said...

that sounds like such a fun family vacation and i love the white house. i'm so envious, my last vacation was in 1998 and it got cut short because i had lyme disease.