Tuesday, August 2, 2011

pop rocks






I visited Purl Soho in Spring to use a gift certificate I had received for my birthday. That is where I saw a skein of this bright pink yarn.... I know bright pink but, I was really drawn to it. It is a gorgeous soft and lush color by Madelinetosh and a perfect name for the little candies it is named for.

Do you remember Pop Rocks? I have a memory of walking in the summertime with my friend Christine and and maybe another girl and wondering if we should drink our coke and pop rocks together...will we die like Mikey? Ha Ha!

I knit this in size 18-24 months but planned for it to be bigger though I didn't expect it to be quite as big as it is. I think it will have to sit through this coming winter until the winter of 2012 before Ms. S can wear it.
The pattern is Korrigan and those cables are really beautiful designed. More details on my Ravelry page.

1 comment:

Amelia Plum said...

this sweater is adorable. i absolutely love the pink color. wish i could have one in my size