Sunday, August 21, 2011

classic gray sweater

A new baby boy named Zachary was born into our family this summer. My nephew, Andrew had a boy and I really wanted to make something classic for him so I knit this pullover sweater. I have knit this before- for Matthew, Scarlet and also for my nephew, Brandon all in different wools. This time I chose Berroco Ultra Alpaca yarn which is 50% alpaca and 50% wool making it nice and warm. I purchased the yarn in Princeton last weekend when we were visiting for the day at a yarn shop called Pins and Needles. I debated about color for a bit but really gray is exactly what I wanted and it will be one of those go to pieces I hope for the baby to wear this Winter.
I plan to post it this week for them.

Speaking of babies.. this tiny newborn bunny rabbit is in our front yard at the moment. I think it got separated from its Mama and It can barely hop. So cute. Oh, and now he/she has just scurried over to the berry bramble. Scarlet is beside herself with joy.


Amelia Plum said...

that bunny is adorable

melissa said...

you have been making so many beautiful things! i love this classic little sweater. and my daughter is v. jealous of your baby bunny. :)