Sunday, August 21, 2011

classic gray sweater




A new baby boy named Zachary was born into our family this summer. My nephew, Andrew had a boy and I really wanted to make something classic for him so I knit this pullover sweater. I have knit this before- for Matthew, Scarlet and also for my nephew, Brandon all in different wools. This time I chose Berroco Ultra Alpaca yarn which is 50% alpaca and 50% wool making it nice and warm. I purchased the yarn in Princeton last weekend when we were visiting for the day at a yarn shop called Pins and Needles. I debated about color for a bit but really gray is exactly what I wanted and it will be one of those go to pieces I hope for the baby to wear this Winter.
I plan to post it this week for them.




Speaking of babies.. this tiny newborn bunny rabbit is in our front yard at the moment. I think it got separated from its Mama and It can barely hop. So cute. Oh, and now he/she has just scurried over to the berry bramble. Scarlet is beside herself with joy.





2 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

that bunny is adorable

melissa said...

you have been making so many beautiful things! i love this classic little sweater. and my daughter is v. jealous of your baby bunny. :)