Friday, August 26, 2011

sencha




This is my new blouse in beautiful peach silk dupioni. The pattern is Sencha by Colette Patterns and it has been on the desk for awhile. I hesitated because I had bought this fabric back in the Spring to be made into a dress for my daughter but I didn't have anything else to try out this pattern with so after giving it some thought I decided it would be nice to use it for me.

The pattern is wonderful as are the directions to make the garment. It was a bit fussy to sew the sleeves and get the middle keyhole to lie flat which only seems to lie flat after pressing but, I think it worked out okay. And, it definitely peaks my interest in trying more Colette Patterns in the future.

The color is so pretty, very flattering and easy to wear with neutrals. I had not considered it for myself and I was surprised by how much I like it.

The buttons up the back are vintage champagne pearl buttons.

3 comments:

Jenniffer said...

Love the color! Mommies need pink too sometimes!

Amelia Plum said...

that color is beautiful. very nice blouse. so when are you going to take orders from your friends?

Veleka's Blog said...

Please share where you bought the fabric. I would love to have that color for myself. My e-mail address is TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com