Tuesday, August 9, 2011

japanese schoolchildren



I based this dress around the print in the middle which depicts Japanese school children. Prints like these are difficult to incorporate into garments with borders because you are always cutting off part of the image but, I think it looks cute despite this disadvantage

The dress is the Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress and I have made it before. Last year I made it in a linen/cotton blend in a size 2 which Scarlet can still wear so I thought I would go ahead and make it in a bigger size to wear down the road. I cut out a size 4 and when I tried it on it was big so it will fit next summer which I had hoped for.

Yes, this is the back view and It still needs a few tweaks as I made this in a bit of a rush before vacation.

4 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

very cute. i like the way you did it with the red border on top and bottom. little miss s is going to have quite the treasure trove of handmade goodies to pass down to her daughter one of these days...

Jenniffer said...

Such neat fabric- the way you used it is perfect.

Dacia said...

I am in love with this. where did you find the fabric?

sew nancy said...

Thanks everyone.
The middle fabric came from Repro Depot but their retail store is closed currently. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll see if I can find out the designer/manufacturer.