Tuesday, August 9, 2011
I based this dress around the print in the middle which depicts Japanese school children. Prints like these are difficult to incorporate into garments with borders because you are always cutting off part of the image but, I think it looks cute despite this disadvantage
The dress is the Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress and I have made it before. Last year I made it in a linen/cotton blend in a size 2 which Scarlet can still wear so I thought I would go ahead and make it in a bigger size to wear down the road. I cut out a size 4 and when I tried it on it was big so it will fit next summer which I had hoped for.
Yes, this is the back view and It still needs a few tweaks as I made this in a bit of a rush before vacation.