Tuesday, August 23, 2011

completing the thought



Do you remember the vintage cotton and lace dress that haunted me on vacation? I never told you that I went back and bought it. I just couldn't let it slip by....it spoke to me.Today she is wearing it for the first time and I snuck in a few photos. It's gorgeous isn't it?

One day last week S and I played a game that just came to me and I thought it would be fun to share it. I start a sentence and she finishes it.
I want to fill a journal for both her and M with these sentences because it was so funny to see what she would come up with.

Here is she said that day after the ....


I am...3
I have....blue eyes
My birthday is....February 6
I like....pink flowers
I love...Aunt Sue
I don't like...boys
I like to....fight with boys
I sleep....in the night
I go to....the playground
I eat...broccoli, wrap and macaroni
I love...Lillian
I love...dolls
I play...with dolls
I yell...at Matthew
I throw...a baseball
My favorite book...is Olivia
I like...snacks at Ms. Peri's school
My best friend....is coffee
My best friend...is Gwendolyn
I think it is funny....when you do something funny
I laugh....at Scarlet
I cry when....I cry like a baby
Hello Kitty...blinks her eye
Tea tastes like....hot sugar
Apples taste like...fruit
Clouds are....red
Frogs like...to go in ponds
My best friend is....Mommy


So funny...her best friend is coffee???? And we have never read the book "Olivia" though she has seen the TV show. Thought my favorite might be "tea tastes like hot sugar."


7 comments:

the fabled needle (jen) said...

that dress is the sweetest! i'm so glad you went back and got it, it's perfect on her.

i like that game, what a good idea--a good way to pass the time in long car rides.

Jenniffer said...

Great game idea- I adored her answers. I think my youngest son would agree with her on what tea tastes like, too!
I can see why you went back for the dress- she looks enchanting in it!

Rebekka Seale said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely adore it! If you ever want to sell it when she grows out of it (I can't imagine you would, though!) I will buy it!!!!!!!

jenn said...

What a fun game! I'll have to try that with the girls ;)
That dress is to die for!!!

Amelia Plum said...

that dress is beautiful nancy. wish i could find something like that in my size. that's a really cute game idea too. it would be great to do a memory book with her responses at different ages and pictures of her at the time.

Anonymous said...

I am so flattered! - Aunt Sue

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Oh I too love the fact that she says tea tastes like hot sugar! Too cute! I will need to play this game with my Aries.