Sunday, July 31, 2011

fern





We just returned home from our family vacation to Cape Cod. It was really nice and after not having gone on a vacation in five years well deserved. We had a really nice time. I love the Cape for it's ability to work beautifully for both adults and children and to have the ocean or the bay to choose from. I love the way you can wind your way around country roads finding all sort of wonderful places to visit. I will show some pictures soon and talk about some of the places we visited but, first I wanted to show you this shawl you saw the beginning of that I knit while I was there.

The pattern is Herbivore by Stephen West named so for the plant like structure to the look of the design caused by the ribbing in the twisted stitches and the way they fan out. I named mine fern because well I like ferns a lot.

I made mine on the smaller side. This patterns allows for you to go big or small depending on how many repeats of the last four rows you do before the band. It turned out exactly as I hoped. And, it stretched nicely with blocking. The yarn is Alchemy Yarns Juniper in Dragon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nanc
Where'd you go (stay)?
Cyndi was up there last week too.
Love your posts!
Cathie

www.finelittleday.com said...

Lovely shawl :)

jenn said...

so lovely! I can't wait to hear more about Cape Cod! I've always wanted to go there.

the fabled needle (jen) said...

it's so perfect! i love the size. you could make a bunch, yea? ;)

also enjoying your vacay pics. i've never been to that part of the u.s. i love the old houses.