Thursday, July 14, 2011

swiss dot






Two blouses were made this week with this lovely swiss dot fabric I have been holding onto for ages.

It was easy to cut into it to make a blouse for Scarlet first knowing the pattern so well and loving it for many reasons. I knew how it would fit her and that I needed to cut out a size 4 and add extra length. I added a little thread loop to change up bows or go without one if desired. Simple.

Next up would be mine and though I made this blouse for myself before and was thrilled with the outcome and I wear it often I knew the sheerness was not going to be so cute on me so, I underlined it. I've lined plenty of garments but never underlined. After a quick google search I found a great tutorial on Gertie's blog which was funny because I learned of Gertie after she left me a comment on the first blouse in this style. It was very easy to follow and I found something suitable to use in my cabinet. Again, I am happy with the outcome and the fit is purrfect.

Scarlet's pattern: Simplicity 4206
Nancy's pattern: Simplicity 2599

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are so pretty! Now I want some dotted swiss :) I have a feeling that I'll be outgrowing my maternity tops soon, so it's time to pull out the sewing machine. I'm pretty sure I have that top pattern in my collection, and it seems easy enough to convert to maternity. Wish me luck!

Sweet Snow Flakes said...

How cute they are!

Amy said...

Both are so pretty! I just found Gertie this week. I will have to check out that tutorial.

melissa said...

i love swiss dot fabric. and you've used it so perfectly here- summery and sweet on both of you.