Sunday, July 10, 2011

crepe paper flowers




I love the feel of crepe paper. It has such a nice texture. I reacquainted myself with making paper flowers this week via instructions found on the Martha Stewart site. So far, I have tried roses (red), dahlias (blue) and pink peonies. I have a nice collection of crepe paper in the craft room and I plan to try out some more flowers soon.

Ten years ago my friend Kim and I made some for my wedding which I displayed at our place settings at the bridal party table. Our 10 year anniversary is on September 1st.

Once in a while I get really into making them. I think they are so pretty and I love them in little glass bottles. I would like to make a bouquet soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

they're so pretty! i also love your banner. i've been way out of the blogging loop, so it is nice to come back here and see what you've been up to!

Amy said...

those are very pretty. does it take long to make one?

Elizabeth said...

Those are really pretty Nancy! I have this really neat tutorial from a neat shop in Berkeley, called "Castles in the Air,"(I think Martha talked about Castle in the Air once) and it shows how to make sweet peas with crepe paper, I've been meaning to try them.

Amelia Plum said...

i remember that day well. your wedding too, i can't believe it will be ten years! the pink one with the button in the center is really cute. they would be great in little glass bottles, especially since they don't need water but i think my one cat would still try and eat them. xox

Dacia said...

those are so pretty! and congrats on (almost) 10 years