Thursday, January 7, 2010

orange enid


I have a new blouse and I love it. Orange Enid is the name of the print from Liberty of London. The fabric was purchased with a gift certificate from almost 2 years ago. The idea came from this post of Amy's. I fell in love with her top when I saw it and decided to do the same.





I would definitely make this blouse again. It's such an easy pattern and the result is so pretty. I agree with Amy that only lightweight fabrics work with this blouse and I think a polka dot would be very sweet. I really love the ruffle.



The pattern is Simplicity 2599. I made my own button loop from the fabric because I didn't like the instructions. I simply folded both sides to the center pressed, folded in half and then sewed it shut.

11 comments:

Gertie said...

Oh, I love it! Now I need this pattern too. :)

Anonymous said...

It's super cute.
I think the same pattern done in a polka dot (I'm envisioning black with white dots or navy with white) would be an awesome piece to have as well - so versatile. Good job! I miss sewing clothing -

Denise said...

This is very cute. I am determined to do more sewing in 2010 thanks to your inspiration!

Andrea said...

This is so lovely! I haven't sewn anything for myself beyond a simple skirt (a tube with an elastic!), but now I am inspired to try! Thank you for sharing your blouse with us.

jenn said...

Nancy, I LOVE this! I think polka dots would be cute, too, but I adore the Liberty. I want one!

Amelia Plum said...

nancy that blouse really turned out beautifully. it looks super cute with your cardigan in the top picture too. if you do one in polka dots be sure to put up pictures.

Anonymous said...

oh! i love this!

jen said...

adorable!! i would have passed that pattern, flipping through the book, but you two have made them up so nicely! i can see this blouse being this spring's staple.

Elizabeth said...

Turned out real cute Nancy :) I have some liberty fabric that was for another blouse that I was going to make, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, it's that hesitation in cutting fabric that is 35 dollars a yard, and hoping you will like the top, kind of fear that I have.

I really like the pattern you used too.

melissa said...

beautiful. i really love that fabric!!

kristi said...

i LOVE this. and i agree--love that cardigan too!