Sunday, January 31, 2010

birthday quilt



This apple quilt was started in Autumn I believe and finished last Thursday. It is a birthday present for my little girl. I had a lot of fun making her presents and planning her party as you will see in future posts.



I mentioned in this post that I would be hand quilting this and even though it was a lot of work I did enjoy it. I stitched around each and every letter and apple. My stitch length did get a bit bigger then what I started though I don't mind that too much. I don't usually go for bold graphics so this was a bit different for me. I think I am still trying to accustom myself to it.

The front fabric is Trefle by Kokka and I backed it with Amy Butler Lotus.

It is a perfect crib/lap/snuggle quilt. I used a yard of each fabric so after quilting, squaring off and binding it came to a few inches less then that.

3 comments:

carrie said...

oh my gosh, nancy! this is so lovely--what a lucky girl:)

Anonymous said...

This quilt is so adorable - what a lucky little girl. You make me anxious to have my own kids and make them such sweet projects. Thanks for posting such inspiring projects. :)

melissa said...

wow!!
that is amazing. i can't believe you had the patience to hand quilt it... but it was so worth it.