Wednesday, March 4, 2009

little miss ladybug




Yes, I am still dreaming of spring and warm sunshine and therefore I am sewing some Spring/Summer clothes for my daughter.

Here is my little miss ladybug dress.

The dress pattern is this one from Oliver + S. I really love Leisl's patterns and the styles she creates. I am already working on another which I hope to have done soon.

Here are some photos of Ms. S modeling the dress.






I made the less bubbly version...still it has a wonderful pouf factor. I used muslin to line it. This will fit her perfectly when the warm weather arrives. I can't wait to see her blowing bubbles wearing this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me sad my "baby" is 16 and sadly, would probably not wear this if I sewed it for her. The yellow made me feel like someday, someday, spring will be here.

Amelia Plum said...

that dress is adorable nancy. i love the sweet fabric and miss s seems to be enjoying it as well.

Adrienne said...

Oliver + S is great, I have used a few of their patterns. Great blog!

leslie said...

thanks for all the sweet quilt comments! that one is my favourite too, it will be hard to part with...

love the blog, the dress and your little girl are both gorgeous!!

Fine Little Day said...

Oh sweetness :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, too cute for words! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Sooo Adorable! I love this yellow! It'll be perfect for picnics and catching fireflies. :)

the fabled needle (jen) said...

SWEET dress! o, so adorable! :)