Monday, July 2, 2007

red, white and blue crafts



Here are tiny pin cushions and thumbtacks I made in a red white and blue scheme (not actually with the 4th of July in mind) but, a good excuse to show them.
These crafts were made following tutorials over at how about orange which is a fun blog to check out. They are super easy and I had all the supplies on hand except for the right buttons but, they were around $2 so, no big expense.
FYI-I used Vintage seltzer bottle caps for the pincushions and they worked out just fine. We are not big soda drinkers...I'm more of a spritzer girl. My favorite beverage is seltzer mixed with cranberry/raspberry juice or cranberry/pomegranate.
A decaf latte would be second. Hmmm...what would be third? I'll have to think about that one.
Have a happy 4th of July.

xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're so cute :)

mushroommeadows said...

The pin cushions are adorable; they look like little mushrooms. CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I love the buttons - what are you going to use them for?

sew nancy said...

thanks everyone.
the buttons are going to be used as thumbtacks. i removed the shank with pliers and hot glued thumbtacks to the back.