Thursday, July 26, 2007

into the woods tote bag



I made a tote for myself for Autumn during yesterday's naptime. I love how the tweed wool looks with red and cream squirrel print linen. The instructions for making the tote, which are very simple, came from the Lotta Jansdotter book I've mentioned before. It felt so good to sew up something for myself. Life on my end has been a little nutty lately.
I'm already craving cooler weather and a change in season. I love everything about Autumn. I'm totally romanticizing a walk in the woods right now...the smell of the earth and the leaves crunching under my feet, seeing forest animals and discovering little treasures. I do think it is my most favorite season of all although they all have something beautiful about them.
If you want to see the full size image it's here

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute! i love the squirrel print. I'm a summer girl myself, so I'm feeling very frustrated with the Seattle weather at this moment. it's gray and cold outside my window. where are you? want to trade? :)

carrie said...

can't wait for fall either. very cute tote!

Amelia Plum said...

very cute tote. I love the squirrel print fabric and it does look great with the tweed, a perfect tote for fall which is my favorite season too. have a great weekend.