Sunday, July 8, 2007

a bonny bonnet



I knit up this baby bonnet as I had leftover Rowan Kid Classic (76% lambswool, 26% kid mohair, 4% nylon) from the Jess Hutch Bunny I did earlier this year. I would love to do this again with the contrast color tie as shown in the photograph and perhaps in a more neutral color scheme although I do love this shade of blue on either boys or girls. I really like the color scheme in the photograph which is described as lending an Early American look but, would also love to see it in a neutral shade with a red tie or even a red bonnet with a cream colored tie. It is sized for 6-24 months which is quite a large size range for baby items and the pattern is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I do like this pattern and will definitely knit it again.
Next up from this book will be the angora baby booties once I go out and purchase the needles.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Hi,
I agree red and white would completely work with this project... great work using up ur leftovers I am such a left over fan...
luv Abby

Yummers! said...

The little hat is so sweet. I can picture it with a cute little baby face peeking out of it,
I saw your comment over at Molly Chicken's site. I saw the word 'cookies' and had to see who this like-minded person is.
~Joni
I have a GIVEAWAY on my site today! Nothing extravagant but it is my design and handmade.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty :)