Thursday, July 12, 2007

woodland elf





I made the woodland elf hat from Amy's new book. It is constructed from one of Mick's old sweaters that he accidently shrunk and then I felted last winter. The material is quite heavy so I was nervous about sewing it on the machine and decided to do it by hand. It took longer but, I didn't mind. It's very cute and I think he will be able to wear it for several years.
Last year we wanted to dress up Little M as a garden gnome for Halloween but, went with a spider instead so, if we go with garden gnome this year I've now got the perfect hat. I think he will be more excited about wearing it once it's not 90 degrees...getting a picture was a bit tricky.

4 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

very cute hat! the sweater felted up really well, great color and going as a gnome for Halloween is a truly inspired idea.

Anonymous said...

Adorable :)

mushroommeadows said...

so, so, soooooo absolutely, marvelously cute! I would wear it. :)

Abby said...

that is sooo cute... I have just read amy's book and am dying to make sooo much of her stuff including this hat.... well done
luv Abby