Thursday, July 5, 2007

red mary jane's




I've been in a knitting way. I know some people who don't like to knit in the summer but, not me, I like it year round. I love the rhythm, the feel of the yarn passing through my fingers, the chance it gives me to sit down and relax a little...something I don't allow myself all the time but, actually need to do once in a while.
Plus, when one bangs their toe against the foot of their blanket chest and ends up with a swollen and black and blue pinky toe it is a good thing to do to pass the time. Yup, that would be me...it's on the mend now. I thought it appropriate to show you this finished project that is made for tiny toes because I know you don't want to see a picture of my tiny toe.

I will show you more knitted projects over the next few posts.

4 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

Those are adorable!!!

Knitting in the summer sounds just dandy. I was actually thinking about taking a class next month; I have to see if it fits into my schedule. :)

Abby said...

hi,
I am in complete knitting mode at the moment.... which means my doll quilt isnt reaching completion.... oh well... and I am right into beanies... was wondering if you would share this cute pattern with me??
luv Abby

Amelia Plum said...

very cute mary janes, love the red yarn. hope your toe is on the mend! have a great weekend.

jess said...

Why wouldn't you knit in the summer? It's the best thing to do on a long drive! By the way, those Maryjanes are beautiful, you did a great job!