Thursday, March 1, 2007

the 70's revisited






The other day I tried out some applique on a onesie that little M is about to outgrow and a shirt that is too big that I picked up at the thrift store. This way if it turned out terrible it wasn't a big loss. Since it was my first attempt, I think they came out okay but, there are a few things I would do different next time. One being a different stitch around and the other allowing for more of a seam. Little M is obsessed with balloons but, that's another story.
I also finished up these booties which are the pom pom slippers from last week. I didn't use Debbie Bliss yarn. The book suggests it is best to use her yarn not only because it is a Debbie Bliss book but, as I learned also because the patterns are built around the yarn. So, my size 6-12 slippers are more like size 12-18 or 18-24 depending on your child's feet. This is okay though as I have a 15 month old so they became slippers for him. However, my little guy is obsessed with pom poms and so he keeps pulling on them and therefore ruining the pom pom. Perhaps they will just sit on the shelf.
Anyway, it had been some time since I made a bunch of stuff for Matty so he was due for some homemade Mom goodness. Now after making these and looking at them all together I thought about how much these items together were so 70's and I wondered did I subconsiously revisit my childhood on Wednesday?

See photos below and you decide...






I think so.

No comments: