Friday, March 16, 2007

radical lace, subversive knitting and a dinner date

Yesterday, I got out to see Radical Lace and Subversive Knitting which I have been dying to go see. It was really amazing. Some of the pieces that stuck out in my mind were:



Althea Merback's medical wire knitted silk pieces like these gloves.The details on these miniature garments were so amazing.

Yoshiki Hishinuma's seamless machine knitted Casablanca is so lovely.



Hildur Bjarnadottir's crocheted/tatted cotton yarn pieces so delicate and Erna Van Sambeek's cut out pieces from floral fabric attached by textile glue and combined into one lacey fabric.

There is also a lot of wild and unusual pieces using non-traditional methods that are really interesting to look at.
This show does not disappoint and I am thrilled that I was able to go see it.

Also, last night Grammie stayed much later than usual so Mick and I could go out to dinner alone and use a gift card that my brother Christopher gave us for Christmas.

1 comment:

Amelia Plum said...

those gloves are insane! I can't even fathom how someone could make something so tiny.