Monday, March 19, 2007

a baby bolero for a little gal (who may come sooner than we think)




I finished knitting this baby bolero sweater from One Skein over the weekend. It is knitted with organic cotton so it is perfect for a spring baby. I made this for a little girl due to arrive in May however, my sister-in-law, was put on bedrest a week ago as she started dilating so she may come sooner than we think. I had started this about 2 weeks ago then put it aside but, when I found out that this little girl wants out I felt I needed to finish it quickly just in case. It was an enjoyable project until the end. The finishing just took so long and it was a bit tedious picking up all those stitches around to do the ribbing.
I love the eyelet motif which according to Eastern folklore is believed to bring luck and protection to the wearer no matter his or her size. Plus, when baby outgrows it the sweater can outfit a bear or doll.
Here are the photos from the book as mine don't really give it justice. Plus, it looks a lot better/cuter with the baby wearing it.


1 comment:

Amelia Plum said...

such a cute little bolero, I agree it's nice to see it with a tiny baby inside. your new header looks great.