Wednesday, March 21, 2007

x my heart


I am learning to love the x'ing. I mean cross-stitching although it is murder on my eyes. Perhaps that's why the past few nights, I've passed out much faster than usual. Or is that, cross- stitching is like a good bed-time story. It is addictive, very slow and meditative.
I like to switch up my craft projects thinking this way I am giving the motions in my hands and shoulders a switch.
This project is part of Mailorder and it's one of the smaller projects. My heart is a wide one as I didn't realize until the end (duh) the x's are supposed to overlap (go into the same square to make the next one. Live and learn, right? Also, as you can see I went with the error starting on row 7 to the left of the middle which is where there is a line of extra squares. So, okay, it was my first one and it really is not that bad.
Next one will be perfect... Perhaps, I should get a magnifying glass as well.

No comments: