Wednesday, March 21, 2012

school skirt




Notebook paper and arithmetic problems. I would rather practice handwriting then do complicated math any day.

S learned to write her name a few months ago and loves to practice her letters. Somedays she asks me to spell out all the names of the kids in her classes and then she will write them all down sometimes making them cards which she passes out in the hallway.

I saw this design concept on another website sometime last year and clocked it away in my memory to try.
The skirt is made from half a yard sewn at the selvedge at 1/2" seam allowance and it is a simple elastic waist.
I wrote her name in pencil and then traced with embroidery thread on the notebook paper.
The pintucks in the skirt were fun to make.
I'd like to get a solid red and black tee for her to wear with this.

2 comments:

Blaze said...

So cute! I love it! And what a sweetheart for wanting to give out cards to her friends! :)

Jenniffer said...

Super cute!