Wednesday, March 28, 2012

jane cardigan





This summer cardigan was knit last week for Ms. S from Debbie Bliss Organic Cotton Fair Trade Collection in a really nice shade of red. I have had the pattern in my Ravelry queue for a while and was excited to get going on it.

The cardigan calls for dk wool but I went with a fingering weight cotton because I wanted it to be cool for the upcoming season. Since this feels more loftier then your regular fingering weight when I swatched I only had to go down one needle size from a 6 to a 5 and it was perfect fit. The eyelets in the middle can have ribbon woven through in a criss cross fashion or you can just leave them open. I chose to use two of the holes to make a bow.

This cotton is very soft and it has a pretty halo to it. She likes it too.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so pretty Nancy. I love red and the style is so adorable!

Jenniffer said...

Love the cardy- that middle picture is just too adorable- what a cutie!