Wednesday, September 7, 2011

red riding cape






I have known for a year that this Halloween S would wear my handmade Red Riding Hood Costume from the 1970's which was a handmade crochet hat and poncho by my Nana and sewn gingham skirt made by her or my Mom. I love that the skirt has two sets of snaps so it could be worn as the child grows.

What I didn't predict was that my daughter would say - "where is the hood?" She is called Little Red Riding Hood.

So, out came Little Things to Sew by Leisl Gibson. I had the red melton wool, some sweet wildflower cotton for lining and the perfect wood button. So, why not? And now we have two options or we can wear it all, which she most likely will as lately she combines fairy wings with polar bear costumes and puts bunny rabbit costumes over all her regular clothes.

Now, who do you think is going to be the Big Bad Wolf, Grandma and the Hunter?

4 comments:

Jenniffer said...

How neat that you get to see your daughter in a costume of your own! Great job on the cape. Your family will look so cute for Halloween!

Unknown said...

This cape is amazing, and she is adorable!!

Dacia said...

SO cute! I love that it's a cape and a cape coat! you did a beautiful job!

melissa said...

beautiful, nancy!