This year I've been experimenting a little bit with knits. I received a serger for my birthday back in April and this was one of the first projects I used it on.
I made these pajama pants for Matty back in June which I never got around to writing about. This fabric has monkeys doing karate on them and I thought it was a cute print for him. He only wore them a few times before it became too hot for long pj pants but is now wearing them a lot. The pattern for these is from Oliver + S. I didn't have enough for the top so he wears them with a tee shirt.
Yesterday, for the kids clothes week challenge I decided I wanted to try making leggings for Scarlet as she loves wearing them and is outgrowing a bunch of the ones she has and they worked out perfectly. I just traced around a pair that she has adding a little room for the seams. These were so much fun to make. The jersey is organic cotton and really lovely to work with. I will be making more of these.
Working with knits at least easy pieces like these was a good experience though I'm still working on serging evenly.
The monkey fabric came from The Fabric Fairy and the legging fabric from Alabama Chanin.