Monday, September 20, 2010

apple orchard










Saturday morning we headed right to the apple orchard. Apple picking is one of my favorite days of the year. I love being surrounded by apple trees. I think they are so beautiful. The kids enjoyed themselves and afterward we went to the farm store and picked up some veggies, apple cider, mums and cider donuts.



I brought along this hooded scarf I made back in July. It's not quite cold enough to wear it but I really like the style. It's called Red Riding Hood.

I am participating in Elsie Marley's Kids Clothes Week Challenge. I may even have another post for you today for Day 1. For those of you who don't know about it the challenge is to sew for your kids for one hour every day for the week of September 20-26. I actually sort of anonymously did it last time so I figured I might as well commit and join. I did my hour of sewing while the kids were at school today. I managed to squeeze in my exercise too.

6 comments:

thefabledneedle (jen) said...

your hooded scarf in apple red is just perfect. :)

Amy said...

We are going to pick apples this week. I am so excited! And I love the hooded scarf!

kristi said...

what great pictures. and hooray! finally one of you that i can see! rhys said "mommy is that you?" ;) i heart the hooded scarf too.

Claire Louise Milne said...

What beautiful pictures! I want to go apple picking now. Your hood is the perfect attire.

melissa said...

these pictures are really gorgeous. and you are as well- it's so nice to finally see you!

Anonymous said...

Picture perfect photos of the kids and of you too. The hooded scarf is radiant and clever.xoxoMrs.W