Monday, December 28, 2009

handmade christmas - part one


christmas morning

Christmas eve we all went sledding. Yes, even me. It was very fun.

Christmas day was nice too. The kids opened their gifts at our house in the morning and then we headed to Grammie's for dinner and well, more gifts of course.

Since then our days have been filled with playing and relaxing.

I thought I would show you some more of the handmade gifts that I made this year but, I'm going to break it down to a few posts. The second one will be devoted to knits.

* Clatter balls from Felting for Baby. I used plastic balls with bells meant to be cat toys for the center.
These are cute for babies and little ones and were not too hard to make.




* A little finger puppet pouch for Ms. S. She loves animals and her finger puppets are always scattered about. Idea from Anthropologie's website.



* A pencil pouch for M who is practicing writing his letters these days.






* And, some needle felted animals. This is a true art and one that takes practice so don't laugh too much at my attempts at a bunny and brown bear.





Okay, back tomorrow with some more.

Hope your enjoying your week resting and relaxing with friends & family.

No comments: