Wednesday, December 16, 2009

aran purse


I took some time away from holiday making to knit up a purse for myself. Recently, I have been doing a lot of knitting and quite a few projects with cables. I think 3 others to be exact.

This purse was a fairly quick knit taking one ball of Rowan Big Wool which I had in my stash. I lined it with a handwriting fabric which includes a pocket for lipstick and keys. I only have a small amount of this fabric which I love thanks to my friend Anna whom I told about the fabric a few years ago and she kindly offered it to me.



Also, a practical idea is that the pattern suggests rosewood knitting needles for handles which are easy to take out shall the knitting urge strike you wherever you may be. Just don't forget some yarn.

3 comments:

Denise said...

that's quite cute. I've been in a cable mood myself this season, I guess my summer's lace phase is over

Amelia Plum said...

very cute and i love the fabric that you used to line it.

Unknown said...

so cute! that turned out fabulous!