Monday, October 11, 2010

Music Box Jumper




My Mom has asked on more then one occasion in her own special way over the past month or so for me to make a corduroy jumper for Scarlet. I have made her a few over the years.

When I saw this pattern I knew, as I do with many Oliver + S patterns, that it was something I wanted to make. Then when the Purl Bee made it up in this gorgeous Liberty corduroy that was all I needed to be convinced.

My Mom will be here on Wednesday and I know she will be very pleased because not only is it a corduroy jumper but, also in her favorite colors. Scarlet declared it beautiful so now three generations are happy. I'd say that is quite a success.

All the clothes I've been making lately for S have been a size 3. She is still a 2 sometimes wearing a 3 and what I've realized is there is hardly any difference so all these clothes are good to go for at least a year or more.

5 comments:

Erica said...

Beautiful dress! I would like to try that pattern as well. I love the new Liberty of London corduroys. I have also been eyeing some of the other European corduroys here: http://www.banberryplace.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_80_15

sew nancy said...

Thanks Erica and also for the link. I didn't know about that website

kristi said...

of course your subject and her dress are adorable, but i was really admiring all those raised beds in the front yard! oooh! :)

the fabled needle (jen) said...

it's very sweet! that print is very cute on her.

handmade toddler clothes said...

This is a very cute dress. Corduroy is sometimes hard to find in lovely fabrics.