Thursday, July 30, 2009

cherry branches skirt


I finished my Wiksten Tulip skirt last night. This project is one that had been on the list for quite some time.

It was a bit confusing for me at one point a few days ago but, mostly because there are no diagrams and my mind was too tired when I was trying to figure it out. It was quite clear the next morning.

I love the look of this skirt. It's a very pretty and feminine design. It is high waisted which I don't wear much but, I think I am going to pair this with a slim black top and most likely tights when it's a bit cooler. Oh, how I miss my tights in summer.

I decided on the fabric and purchased it in the early Spring when the cherry blossoms were blooming. It's a Japanese cotton by Kokka available at Purl. The hand is incredible on this fabric and worked well with the pattern although I believe it calls for medium weight linen.

No comments: