Sunday, July 5, 2009

cathedral window




I've become obsessed with cathedral window quilting this past week and when I was up for it this is what I found myself wanting to work on. There was quite a bit of laying low and knitting and embroidery as I was hit with a cold for a few days.

I was surprised at how simple the process is. I love the folding and way it layers and builds up.
I used this tutorial which is excellent. And, I just realized that Valerie is making one too.

I am going to turn this into a quilt for our bed. Perhaps it will be done by this Winter. Maybe?

---I had been wanting to do this tutorial when I first saw it about a year ago. At the time I was a little nervous/scared about quilting but, no longer.

I am trying to decide whether to leave some windows blank or fill them all in. Hmm.

2 comments:

valerie said...

yay! isn't this a great quilting method? i love it so much. also, it's an excellent way to use up liberty scraps--makes a super fancy quilt without having to spend much (or anything, if your scrap pile is like mine)! here's hoping we both get them done before winter

l o v e l y d e s i g n said...

wow, it looks amazing. I adore cathedral window quilts and have had it in the back of my head to make one someday, too. Good for you for actually doing it! :)