Tuesday, April 1, 2008

saying hello.... saying goodbye



Psss...where is she?... I don't know... I hear the whirring of the sewing machine every day..I saw her under some boxes....Oh yeah, she's moving...Oh, that explains it..

I'm still here. All is good. I've been a busy bee and have been packing, making (lots of sewing - I will not pack my machine yet) parenting...all the usual good stuff. Okay, maybe the packing is not so fun. I've been meaning to post a bunch and have even written quite a few posts in my head and then got all picky about the photos I took and wasn't sure that I liked them. Then I wasn't sure I wanted to post those things. Do you ever do this or feel this way?

For example, I embroidered The Quilting Bee on one of Scarlet's blankets but wasn't super crazy about the shot of it, then I made some onesies for the store (but I've showed those a ton before), updated my Etsy a little etc. etc. I also was gifted some great stuff like vintage aprons, patterns and a handknit sweater for Scarlet from my friend Anna but, wondered if people want to read about that. Maybe I'm just being silly...

So, what's this...saying hello..saying goodbye all about. Well, this month is all about change. A big one. This is the month I say goodbye to Hoboken where I've lived 13 years. I had my first apartment here, my 2nd apartment here where I moved in with my now husband and then we bought our current condo and had 2 kids. A lot has happened here and a lot of memories created.

So, I've had this idea in my head for a while to post photos saying goodbye to Hoboken and hello to my new town once I move which will hopefully be on April 11th. Hello, people buying our place...please confirm our closing date of April 10th...
The thing is a lot of my photos of Hoboken are down at my parents but I'm going to try and show some things I love over the next week and a half. We'll see....

1 comment:

Amy said...

what a transition you are in! saying goodbye in photos is a great idea!