Monday, July 1, 2013

granny's favorite




Sometimes a pattern comes along that makes me drop whatever I am working and start right away. This cardigan is exactly what I wanted to knit and the pattern was worth the effort. It is called Granny's Favourite and the designer is Georgie Hallam. I chose Cascade 220 super wash in a really nice shade of blue because it reminds me of my own Granny (or Nana) as I called her. I knit the size 22" chest knowing it would come out more like 24" and chose the size 5 dress length with 3/4 sleeves. The fit is great with room to grow and wear things underneath and hopefully she will love wearing it. She wasn't too keen on sweaters this past winter but, I am banking on this being a phase. The buttons are glass and I believe they are from Tender Buttons which is an amazing button store in NYC.

3 comments:

Celia said...

What a lovely sweater! The color is perfect and the scallops around the yoke and sleves are so sweet.

How many skeins of 220 did it take for this size?

sew nancy said...

Thanks Celia . It took 2 1/4 skeins.

Amelia Plum said...

that's really beautiful. i love the color blue. i want a grown up version, i'd like a grown version of scarlet's dress too.