Tuesday, June 26, 2012

red sweater





I am in love with this sweater. The pattern is called Breakwater by Cecily Glowik MacDonald.

I can not express to you just how pleased I am with how this one knit up and fits. I will be wearing this one a lot once it is not too hot for sweaters. I may even be able to get some use out of it this summer on a cool morning or evening.

I used a yarn I picked up last October at the NY Sheep and Wool Festival and is from the Sanguine Gryphon. This was shortly before they reorganized into two companies- The Verdant Gryphon and Cephalopod Yarns in case you want to look them up and see the lovely yarns and colors. This one is a fingering weight called Skinny Bugga in a color called Tomato Frog and is 80 % superwash merino, 10% cashmere and 10% nylon and is really love to work with. Though it's mostly knit in stockinette stitch the woven stitch collar and cuffs add a nice little detail.









No comments: