Tuesday, June 12, 2012

bluebirds and seed pods











A hand quilted play mat for a new baby boy made with Holly Ward Bimba's Woodland collection. The fabric is from Spoonflower and though I try to resist purchasing new fabric too often I thought it would be really nice for this project and interesting for a new baby to play on. The batting is thick so it provides a nice cushion.

I used the instructions for the Purl Bee's Cheerful Quilted Playmat which I made once before shown here for my daughter. The hand quilting was more work as this pattern is more busy and I used embroidery floss for the quilting though quilting with the silk thread in the prior project was nicer.

The colors in these fabrics remind me of the soft palettes in Julianna's work which I love.



2 comments:

Blaze said...

I adore these patterns! Beautiful and subtle. I love the soft blues.

Jenniffer said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Lucky baby indeed!