Tuesday, February 28, 2012

wiksten tank top




I found some time over the weekend to sew the Wiksten tank top I ordered a few weeks ago. The top came together quickly and the directions were easy to follow. I like that it included french seams as these are always very pleasing. I am happy with the fit and lines of this top and see it easily becoming a wardrobe staple in the summer with a pair of shorts and in the cooler months under a cardigan or blazer.

I bought the fabric as a remnant from Hannah of Hetterson when she was having a fabric sale recently. It cost me $8 and I had just enough for the top. It is a Japanese organic cotton gauze in the most pretty shade of blue chambray and though it is gauze it's opaque and has a really nice feel and drape. I will be making this top again for sure.

2 comments:

melissa said...

it;s beautiful, nancy. now i want to make one!

Elizabeth said...

Jenny's patterns seem so simple, yet cut very well. I love Chambray, and this tank looks great in it.