Thursday, February 16, 2012

eliette




This is my first Citronille pattern I have done. I really admire both the sewing and knitting patterns and would love for them to be translated. I have a handful of the sewing patterns but, have been intimidated since they are in French and I never managed to work on last years New Years resolution to learn French. Luckily it wasn't too hard to follow with a few basic translations looked up on the web when I traced and cut the pattern which mind you I did when it was still Autumn.

The pattern is Eliette and I just loved the color scheme of the illustration so I used it. I already had the caramel fabric in a very fine wale corduroy almost like a velveteen. While sewing it I just referred to the diagrams and if you decide to try this particular pattern it was quite easy if you have some sewing experience. I think a stiffer fabric like this works nicely for it.

No comments: