Wednesday, February 8, 2012

flukra






Snow has just begun falling outside. We are supposed to get a light dusting which is lovely like everything has a little bit of lace on it. How fitting then that I finished knitting and blocking Flukra today. I started knitting this in early December and first mentioned it here. As I mentioned in the post Flukra means 'snow falling gently in large flakes.' This is the largest lace weight knitting I have done and it was very nice to work with Sanguine Gryphon yarn. Working with nice materials is very important to me. The shawl can wrap around and around or be worn loose. I love the pattern and It is so light on the shoulders and gentle feeling. I really love it.

Oh, and the yarn color is called - Big Bad Wolf.

2 comments:

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Beautiful!!! Love the color and it's name :)

Dacia said...

wow that is so beautiful!!