Tuesday, May 31, 2011

a yellow sweater





I thought about this for a long time and he has been asking for a long time so I decided it was time.

Yellow is Matthew's favorite color and has been for at least 3 years. And, apparently he really wanted a yellow sweater. I had him pick out the yarn online a while ago and though now is not the right season it will be in time for Kindergarten. Yes, he starts in the Fall. I had him try it on right after bath in his pajamas because it is hot.
The pattern is Camilla Kid and I think it's good for a boy or girl. The yarn is Quince and Co. Osprey in Carrie's Yellow. I knit size 4 to fit size 6 with some modifications-longer sleeves and decreases a bit differently around the top. I wish I decreased more in the sleeves.
Though the pattern is cute I didn't really enjoy knitting this sweater. I think I would like it in a lighter yarn like a dk weight and a different color - a pale neutral shade so If I do it again that would be my choice.

1 comment:

Amelia Plum said...

he seems quite pleased with the sweater. i like the color and detailing on the front.