Monday, May 9, 2011

blue pettipants








Here are some vintage style hand knit child pettipants. The style reminds me of these grown up ones for sale over at Dear Golden's shop.
I think they are adorable and I can't wait to see them worn by S this summer.

I was immediately drawn into the pattern which I found on Knitty and it is called Emma's Unmentionables. There is something so sweet and old fashioned innocent about them. The elastic is threaded through the waist and is covered by a blue ribbon. I changed up the lace pattern a bit (not on purpose) and wound up sewing up the hem to give it some scallop shape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are lovely!
If I were to be blessed with long doe-like legs I would wear pettipants and bloomers most everyday.

Dacia said...

wow you have been SO busy around here! I love those pettipants and those scrap wings are AMAZING! so so fun.