Monday, May 2, 2011
rose garden dress
A new rose floral dress for Scarlet.
She tried it on and declared she loves it which is just the best news.
I love the collar and pocket details in this pattern. She found a perfect use for the pocket right away and stuffed her lamb in there.
I made the size up because I can see this only being worn for a bit over the next few months before it becomes too hot. I wanted to get the most use out if it.
The dress is lined in muslin and zips up the back. The pattern is the School Photo Dress which perhaps I will really have her wear it for come Autumn. I originally planned for the ruffle collar in a pale peach shantung and may still do that someday. Or maybe I will wind up using it on a blouse for me. I need to check the drape.
This dress was really fun to make which is why I am sort of addicted to Oliver + S patterns. There are just so many sweet details and everything is thought out so well. I always feel I've made something really special in the end.
She took it for a ride on her duck rocker.
And then we made some silly faces. This one being my favorite.
Last night I had to replace the zipper after she wore it because the pull just fell off. Oh, I was mad but, I quickly replaced it after finding a vintage zipper in my stash which was so much better made then the one I had purchased. I don't know why this happened. I guess it was just a poorly made zipper. Though the bonus was the zipper sewing turned out out much better the second time around.