Monday, January 24, 2011

reversible cape

This reversible cape was the first project I wanted to do from the book, Make it Perfect which I won over on Leslie's blog.

This pattern was very straightforward and easy to follow and I like the lines and shape of this piece. Scarlet likes it too and I think it will get good use this Spring. The only issue I had with it was the interfacing which I ended up removing. I would have used a different one then the book recommends but I also think it works fine without it.

One one side I used a red floral Katie Jump Rope fabric I've been holding onto for ages from Denyse Schmidt and on the other an owl fabric that I believe is Alexander Henry.

The book has a nice mix of designs for women and children up to age five though I like the children's designs more. There are some really cute tops and skirts for girls and a nice pair of shorts I want to try for Matthew.

I was sure S would like the owl side better but she surprised me declaring she likes the red side better. Perhaps the expressions say it all.


Cyndee said...

Very cute! Love S's face.

Amelia Plum said...

boy i would agree with you that miss s's expressions say it all. that's an adorable cape. i love both of the fabrics, especially the red side. very cute.

melissa said...

ha! she is so funny and sweet. what a great cape. perfect for your upcoming spring.

Lauren said...

Very cute!