Wednesday, December 1, 2010

seed stitch bracelet, sugar scrub and a nickel

Hmm, what can I say. I've just gotten home from the hospital with my kids. My 5 year old boy swallowed a nickel. Thankfully he is fine and sleeping now and the coin is safely sitting in his intestines waiting to well, pass. I can not tell you how often I tell him not to put things in his mouth and have warned him about such things but, it seems to go in one ear and well now out the bum!



Another project from the previously mentioned More Last Minute Gifts except instead of using 2 different Koigu Yarns I just used one: Koigu Mori which is merino and mulberry silk (gorgeous) and finished it with a fabric covered button in a Liberty of London print. This sort of bracelet has a simple beauty to it that I just love.




Also, made some sugar scrub recently for gift giving. I made one for myself too. Just raw sugar, a little olive oil to coat and a 4 or 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil all which I had at home. Thanks to Amy for the link.

3 comments:

Dacia said...

yumm! I mean, sounds nice. :) those little mitts are SO cute!

Carrie said...

Yikes! So you went to the ER and they just told you to go home and let it "pass"? Does that mean you have to watch and look for it to make sure....?
I'm only asking because I wouldn't be surprised if my kiddos attempted this.
Glad all is well.

sew nancy said...

After seeing on the x-ray that the nickel was in his intestines they said it would pass but, that I didn't have to look for it which I was thankful for. I still keep catching him putting things in his mouth though I hope I've safely hidden all the coins.